What You Will Need:
- A 4×6 photo book
- A package of 4×6 index cards or scrapbook cardstock
- A printer or art supplies to decorate your index cards with
Create a collection of poetry for your sweetheart. This is a simple idea, but be forewarned that it takes a lot of thought and effort! Decide what poems to put in the book. Here are some collection ideas:
- An arrangement of poems by your sweetheart’s favorite poet
- Collection of themed poetry: love poems, sonnets, poems about the sea, limericks, etc
- Favorite and sentimental romantic song lyrics
- A collection of your own poetry, dedicated to them
- Your wedding vows
The second thing to decide is how to present your poetry. There are a few options:
- Put a excerpt on the front of the card and then type the full poem out on the back
- Section one long poem to take up the entire book
- Alternate between poetry and photographs of you two
Tips on Writing Your Own Poem
Need inspiration on writing poetry for your love? Try starting out with these subjects:
Think of Where You First Met
What was the weather like? What were you wearing? What stands out about the building you were in? Environment is a great way to set up a poem.
What made you fall for him/her? What’s beautiful about him/her?
What was it that made you take a second look? What personality traits do you love about him/her? What do his/her eyes remind you of? What personality traits of his/hers do you think make him/her beautiful? When you look him/her over, what stands out to you most?
Acknowledge Your Faults
We all have our faults; problems that we bring into the relationship. as forgetting dates, never saying the right words, or getting self-centered from time to time. It happens. Acknowledge it. Appreciate your love for being patient with you. (You too, ladies!)
Imagine the World Without Them
If your love disappeared tomorrow—no explanation– how would you feel? Lost? Scared?
Angry at the world? Angry at yourself? What would you miss about them? Write down what thoughts you might have if they disappeared or left you.