Grab a little treasure box from your local craft store and decorate the box with paint, gems, or markers.
Now hide your treasure box. There is the traditional method of burying it in the backyard, or you can try a slightly less traditional approach like hiding it in your microwave or dryer. Hide it in a dresser drawer, under the bed, behind a book in the bookshelf, under the kitchen sink, in the refrigerator, or in a filing cabinet – There are many possibilities no matter where you live.
Now to create the clues to find it. Draw a treasure map, create a riddle, write a message in a secret code. The more lavish the gift, the harder the clue!
- Tickets to a play or game
- Promise ring
- Hand written note
- Gift card to their favorite store
- Hard candy
- MP3 player
- Movie tickets
- A flash drive with pictures of the two of you on it
- A poem you wrote about them
- A card from the place you made dinner reservations
- Membership card to a club you signed them up for
- Romantic coupons
- Something antique with a story behind it